Search This Blog

November 11, 2019

This or That Book Tag


Yay! Another book tag! This is such an interesting tag because I think it lets you see what kind of reader I am in a more detailed way so I'm really excited to show you my reading habits and opinions through this! 

1. Reading on the couch or on the bed?

I don't mind doing both but I tend to read more on my bed! I have more room and it's just a lot comfier.

2. Male main character or female main character?

Female characters! I find that the way the world and other characters are described through the eyes of a female character is much more relatable and likable for me. Plus I like the romance a whole lot more if it's through the perspective of a female character. (I do love dual perspectives in books!)

3. Sweet snacks or salty snacks when reading?

Unpopular opinion: no snacks! It makes me feel icky just thinking I could stain the pages of the book.

4. Trilogies or quartets?

Trilogies. I think in most cases a series can wrap up really nicely in three books and any more it makes the series seem drawn out and often takes away the magic that was there in the first couple books. Of course there are exceptions but, in general I think that's true.

Fun fact: my biggest bookish pet peeve is when a series is originally meant to be a trilogy and then it gets extended for. no. reason.

5. First-person point of view or third-person point of view?

First-person, first-person, first-person. It's so much more personal and it makes me feel much more a part of the story rather than feeling like I'm watching from afar.   

6. Reading at night or in the morning?

Night! In the morning I usually am trying just to actually get my mind awake so I literally could not read and retain information in the morning. That and otherwise, I'd be busy getting ready for everything I had to do in the day. But at night, everything is quiet, calm and just the perfect atmosphere for reading and de-stressing after the day.

7. Libraries or bookstores?

Bookstores. I love seeing all the new releases and feeling the new-ness of all the books. It's so great that usually they have a cafe where you can sit down and read a bit.

8. Books that make you laugh or make you cry?

Laugh! I think I've mentioned before that I've never cried in a book and you know part of me is glad I haven't. I want to be in love with the world and the characters and in order to do so I need to be happy. Laughing makes me happy and it makes a book and their characters great, lovable and memorable.

9. Black book covers or white book covers?

Black? I'm not entirely sure but I own a lot of books with black covers and they always look really great. I think the contrast between a black background and whatever is in the foreground always looks cool.

10. Character-driven or plot-driven stories?

Ah, the age long question. A question I still don't know the answer to. Sometimes I swear I'm plot driven and other times I swear I'm character driven. At the end, I may be leaning towards plot driven because I've noticed that though, if I fall for a character then the book is automatically amazing for me, if the book is intended to be character driven and so the plot is really put on the back burner, I usually don't like the book. I get bored and the characters are suddenly just meh. I think it has something to do with the fact that a character needs to have motivation for me to like them and a huge part of motivation comes with the plot.

Do you guys agree with my answers?

Please feel free to consider yourselves tagged by me! I'd love to see others' answers to these questions.

It's funny because most of these answers have exceptions. Thinking of the exceptions, they were almost always from The Raven Cycle. Can you tell I'm obsessed with that series?

2 comments:

  1. Good job!
    I like character-driven plots with lots of internal dialogue. I feel more connected to characters (and plot) that way. Thanks for this!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      I agree so much, internal dialogue is so important for me to feel in touch and understand the character. Even with plot driven books, I think it's still so necessary.

      Delete