Search This Blog

June 21, 2012

Review: When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot

 Just because her best friend wants to exercise, Jessica Mastriani agrees to walk the two miles home from their high school. Straight into a huge Indiana thunderstorm -- and straight into trouble.
Not that Jess has never been in trouble before. Her extracurricular activities, instead of cheerleading or 4-H, include fistfights with the football team and monthlong stints in detention -- luckily, sitting right next to Rob, the sexiest senior around. But this trouble is serious.
Because somehow on that long walk home, Jessica acquired a newfound talent. An amazing power that can be used for good...or for evil.













It was alright, but not good enough for a four star. Solid 3!

Characters: I had a problem with many of the characters. I found most of them so annoying. I didnt love to hate them or anything, I just simply hated them and thought that without them the book might have been way better. I think that it might be my fault since I just didnt like a lot of their personalities but I still couldnt bare it. Other than that the other characters were great and I loved them they were really realistic and very relatable.

Plot: The plot was great and full of twists that I never saw coming. I loved the concept of the story and even though I dont really think it was that original I still liked to read about it. One problem I had was the writing style, at first I didnt like it and thought it was really hard to get the words to flow right but after I while I got used to it. Another thing that I liked was that everything in the book was important later on. There were no plot wholes or boring parts.

Overall: Overall the book was good but due to the language I would recommend this 14+. But I think that if she got ride of the cussing it would be good enough for any age group to read. It was a good book but it had some problems with the characters and plot that made me give it a 3. Not one of my favorites but really close.

2 comments:

  1. I did start to read this book once at the library but never got around to finishing it for some reason. Great Review, might look out for it again now. :)
    Amy
    http://teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really read it. And then tell me what you thing. You might really like it! :)

      Delete