Search This Blog

October 15, 2019

Reader Problems Book Tag


It's been a while since I've done a book tag and I've been missing them! They're so fun and a great way to get to know me as a reader. Especially this tag. So let's get right into it and enjoy.


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

It's kind of like a two step process for me. First, I figure out what mood I'm in. So then I can narrow down my options to just one or two genres. Then from that, I pick just the one I'm most excited for or the one that seems most interesting for me in that moment.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

I try never to DNF a book and honestly? I don't think I ever have. If I put a book down, I'll eventually pick it up again, even if its a few years later. I'd be committed to finishing a book halfway through, even if I'm not loving it. I may put it down and read something else instead but then pick it up again in the future. As long as I don't absolutely hate it, I'll finish it eventually.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

Yes and graphic novels/manga. I don't read graph novels/manga as often as I'd like and using them to catch up on my reading challenge is just a huge plus.

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

I complain about it for the rest of my life and every time I see the series on my shelves.

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

No one *cries*. I'd be a miracle if someone I know in real life had even heard of a book I have thoughts on, let alone read it and shares my feelings. But thats why I have my blog and you guys!

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

I don't cry while reading books. Seriously, none of the books I've ever read have made me cry (fanfictions are a whole other story, though). Am I a robot? Perhaps. Do I have emotions? Still to be determined.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?

You mean my life? This is what happens for every book I read nowadays. Especially since I'm trying to catch up on the books I wanted to read before I left the book community for a while. Sometimes, if I literally don't remember anything and I think it's necessary, I'll look up a small summary or spoilers of the first book. Otherwise, I'll just go straight into the second book and hope things start coming back to me. Usually that involves a whole lot of confusion at first, but eventually I do remember a lot.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?


I just say that I don't let people borrow my books. I don't think that's rude so I hope others see it the same way.

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

I usually just don't pick up a book until I'm over it. I start doing other things I enjoy for however long is necessary and eventually, I'll get that urge to read again. Or if I really want to read but can't, I pick up a book I already read and loved and just re-read my favorite scenes.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

I always have a list of books I want to read, both that are coming out and backlist. Eventually, I'll buy all of them. But buying books as soon as they come out, unless it's a part of a series that I'm caught up on, I won't buy anything right when it comes out or probably even within the same year it's out.

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?

It kind of depends, like I said, on my mood. If it's a book that is just exactly what I want to read genre wise and plot wise, then I'll read it right away. But if it's just a book I'm generally interested in but not hyped about, it might stay in my shelf for a few weeks to a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment