Search This Blog

June 28, 2019

Aladdin Book Tag

Since the new Aladdin movie has come out and was such a success, I thought this book tag was perfect to celebrate.

I found this tag on Cornerfolds and Brooke's Reviews and Sweeps but the original creator of the tag was Du Livre! This is such tag has such beautiful images so lets get started.




I was debating between two other titles but I think Rush by Eve Silver is a book I haven't heard talked about much in the book community. Even by YA readers. I have no idea why I even picked it up since I'd never heard of it before but oh my goodness. The book blew my away. I gave it five stars on goodreads and for good reason. It was gripping until the very end.


I'm embarrassed to say that when I picked up the Gallagher Girls series, the first book I read was Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover by Ally Carter....Even though it was the third book in the series. I didn't know about the series so I picked it up thinking it was a standalone. I found it at a scholastic book fair and when I saw it, I thought it would be a coming of age story of a girl who, judging by her uniform, was close to my age. How wrong I was! How could I expect a thrilling story about a spy school for girls.

This was a hard category for me because I couldn't figure out who to say. I didn't want to be obvious and say Snape because I'm still not sure how I feel about his 'redemption'. But I settled on Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. More specifically, Sam Kingston. The entire book is on redemption and Sam considering everything about her life and what she is willing to sacrifice in order to change and not be a mean girl is beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time.
My first thought for this category was 'does anyone like this even exist in YA?' but when I thought about it, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa had a character that fit the description in Puck. Much like Shakespeare's character, Puck, he is so bubbly and playful. Even in serious times, he manages to uplift the mood.

I think my mind going directly to Wes from The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen speaks volumes. Now, I'll be truthful. I don't remember exactly what Wes was like. But I remember loving his personality and how much he brought Macy out of her shell, helping her experience the world in a new light. I think that's an incredible feat and I know if I were hanging out with Wes, there would be no dull moment. 

That's the end of the tag, sadly. I loved it so much. If you want to do it, please do and feel free to consider yourselves tagged by me! I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you thought of my choices.

2 comments:

  1. What did you think of the new Aladdin movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really liked it. I think the visuals were so gorgeous and thats really what gets me to enjoy a movie or not. It was a fun movie.

      Delete