Search This Blog

September 3, 2012

Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder commited by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons-and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

  
This book was incredible. 5 stars all the way. At fist I was hesitant to put my review up because there were so many others up but at last I decided to get my opinion out there!                                                                                               
Characters: The characters were amazing. They were all believable and all had pasts whether good or bad and they each had different personalities. It made them seem believable and relateable. I loved all of them. Clare has this way of making you love all her characters and even the villains, you love to hate them. The only characters that I found annoying were Simon and Clary. I felt that in a lot of times Clary was being very unreasonable and there were times that I wanted to reach into the book and just shake her, hard. But I liked that she knew she was being unreasonable. The reason I didn't like Simon wasn't because I am Team Jace (Which I am!! :D) but because I felt that he was a hindrance at times. He just brought unnecessary trouble. I understand that he did help them once or  twice but he held them back a lot.
Plot: The plot was very unique and I liked it a lot. I had never read anything like it and I liked that in the beginning you weren't loaded with a bunch of information. That you found it out as the story went along. There were a bunch of twists and turns that I never saw coming. I admit before I read this book I stumbled across a huge spoiler but when I came across it in the book I was completely shocked and my mind was blown. I knew what was going to happen but Clare made me feel as if I had no idea what was going to happen. I loved the pace of the book. There wasn't a time where nothing was happening there was so much action in this book and in the same time you could see the affection of the characters growing without being to abrupt. I really like the world of the Shadow World. Its an entirely new and interesting concept that I really loved to read about. Cassandra Clare's writing style is very good. It has a good flow. She's descriptive but not so much that you get bored.

Overall: I can not believe that it took me this long to pick up this book and read it. I loved it so much, it might be my favorite read of this year. I can't wait to read the rest of this series and the prequel. I love Jace so much! I can't wait to read the second installment of this book. City of Bones was an amazing read that I recommend to everyone. Though there is some gay characters in here, but it doesn't go into it a lot. But if you still don't like it even mentioned, I wouldn't really read this book but even then this book is too amazing to pass up.                                                                           


4 comments:

  1. LOL your right i can't believe it took you so long to start this series either!
    So excited about the movie!!!!!!!
    Great review!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Though I'm not too sure they'll do such a good job. I hope Jamie Campbell Bower does a good job as Jace.

      Delete
  2. thanks for spreading more word of this book I actually wrote about it in my blog about the movie production. :D I hope you love the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll have to check your blog to see it :D

    ReplyDelete