Search This Blog

February 24, 2020

20 Questions Book Tag


Hi everyone! I'm so excited to get this post up. It's been a month since my last post and I'm so upset about it but school really has been taking up all of my time. However, I've constantly been thinking of posting, reading and I've even bought a few new reads. I thought, what's a better way to come back after a while of not posting? A book tag of course! 

1. HOW MANY BOOKS ARE TOO MANY FOR A SERIES?

More than 5 is definitely pushing it. I just can't think of a good reason for a book to extend itself for that much, especially for a plot to be extended that much. It just dilutes itself and makes the books less enjoyable, in my opinion. It's completely fine if there's many books but they're more of companion series, though.

2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS?

I really don't mind too much because I know there will be a next book but if the next book isn't out yet....that's where frustration kicks in. But that just means the book is that good, so I either way, it's not too big of an issue.

3. HARDCOVER OR PAPERBACK?

I own a majority paperback and I do enjoy reading from them - especially the floppy paperbacks. But even I can't deny how much more beautiful hardcovers look on shelves.

4. FAVORITE BOOK?

The books I consider my favorites are so different that I don't really think it's fair to compare them but there are four that always pop into my head, which I think is very telling to how impactful they were to my life:



5. LEAST FAVORITE BOOK?

Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. I usually try not to bash books because I know reading is very subjective. But this book was so bad that it has actually turned me away from ever reading any Hemingway book ever again.

6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO?

Hard no! I honestly think that it mostly takes away from the plot, especially if it is a big focus in the book. Definitely not my favorite.

7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU COULDN’T FINISH?

I don't actually DNF books. But the most reason one that I took a break from reading since I struggled to get into it was the Kissed by an Angel bind-up by Elizabeth Chandler.

8. A BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?

I'm actually not reading anything at the moment due to my college semester. I've been trying off and on to read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Keyword: trying.

9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE?

I actually think it was the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, which is funny since I've never actually read the series. It was just due to the genre and its popularity that I thought it would be a good fit for a friend.

10. OLDEST BOOK YOU’VE READ BY PUBLICATION DATE?

I believe The Art of War by Sun Tzu was published in 500 B.C.

11. NEWEST BOOK YOU’VE READ BY PUBLICATION DATE?

I am actually so embarrassed to say that the newest book by publication date I've read has been Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater which was published in 2014. I promise I have newer releases on my TBR.

12. FAVORITE AUTHOR?

I have an entire post about my favorite authors! All time though, I think Ally Carter since her books are what made me an avid reader. Maggie Stiefvater is quickly joining her.

13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS?

Buying books! I love being able to add books I love or am excited to read to my collection and seeing them on my bookshelf.

14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOVE?

Some of my least liked books are actually from John Green, who also wrote some of my most loved books, funnily enough. I really didn't like An Abundance of Katherines by him which was such a popular book when I got into the book community. So after being so hyped to read it, I was a little more than disappointed with how bad I found it.

15. BOOKMARKS OR DOG EARS?
Bookmarks! I just got brand new bookmarks and I'm absolutely in love with the different designs and how personalized and unique they can be to the reader. Dog ears just feels like I'm ruining the book.

 16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS RE-READ?

I don't normally re-read books but Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy is a book that I've picked up more than once without a problem. I've also been wanting to re-read The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. 

17. CAN YOU READ WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC?

I actually can't. It distracts me way to much and I need to be completely immersed in a story and it's world in order to fully appreciate it.

18. ONE POV OR MULTIPLE? 

I was just thinking about this recently! It's something new I've determined about myself - I love multiple POVs. Ensemble casts (especially found family casts) are my kryptonite so to read about them all together in everyone's POVs is my favorite thing ever. 

19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS? 

Over multiple days. It gives me the time to fully appreciate the world, characters and plot. Plus, if I try to red a book in one sitting, it feels like rushing everything and it ruins the magic of reading to me.

20. WHO DO YOU TAG?

I tag everyone and anyone that wants to do this. Consider yourself tagged by me and let me know so I can read your post!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun book tag! I will need to check some of your favourite books my mum has been on at me for years to read the book thief and I have never gotten around to it. I really need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Book Thief is such an impactful book! All of the non-fiction books I've listed are, I think anyone could take a something out of them. Definitely must-reads!

      Delete
  2. The Book Thief and The Raven Boys are both some of my favorite books as well. The depth of emotion in both of those books, as well as the beautiful writing, makes them such impactful and memorable stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The writing on both are nothing like I've ever read. It's hard /not/ to feel connected with the storytelling and characters.

      Delete