Search This Blog

October 8, 2012

Review: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. 

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart






Such a good book! Only one thing that bothered me too much.

Characters: The characters in this book were great! I loved Alex and all his friends, I loved how funny and sarcastic he was and how he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. And that he protected everyone he cared for with great passion. He was my personal favorite male character. Brittany, I didn't really like for a lot of the book. She was annoying and I could care less what happened to her and I didn't feel like reading about her life. But after a while it got better and her growth and development in this book was impressive. I loved her by the end but I felt it took too long for me to like her.

Plot: The plot was way better than I thought. I honestly thought it would be only about their romance and that pretty soon it would get boring. But I was wrong. This book goes even deeper and it shows what its like to be in the both worlds, the popular rich girl and the rebellious poor boy. And I really understood the two of them by the end of this novel. I also liked how Simone Elkeles shows that you shouldn't judge people without getting to know them first and that somtimes its alright to let people down. Most of the book was predictable but even then I still got all the emotions I would get if I didn't see it coming which I only experience with some books. I also enjoyed that even though Simone Elkeles is a women she protrayed the part of a teenage boy really well. I love her writing style, it was so easy to get used to and the words flowed perfectly. There were also a lot of corny moments that made me roll my eyes but thats one of the things I loved most about it!

Overall: Overall this book was fantastic! If only I liked Brittany a little bit more I would've given this book 5 stars. But please don't judge the book on its cover, if you do, you're going to regret it. I garuntee it. I think this book is made for teenage girls though. Since the romance overpowers this whole book. So if you don't like chicklit I wouldn't recommend it. But it was great and I can't wait to read about the rest of the Fuentes' Brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so cute! Thanks a million for reviewing Perfect Chemistry! It means so much to me!!

    ReplyDelete