Search This Blog

October 18, 2012

Review: Switched by Amanda Hocking

When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.

Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…This edition includes the bonus story "The Vittra Attacks".




Characters: I actually liked Wendy, which was surprising because I usually don't like female characters. I liked her, but I didn't necessarily find anything special about her, at times I barely even remembered her name. Finn is a different story. I found him so annoying and way to cryptic for my taste. I didn't like him one bit but I guess near the end I started to like him a bit more. But in my opinion it took way too long for me to like him. But I was very fond of all the other characters. But one good thing was that they were very believable.

Plot: The plot was so creative and unique! I loved learning about the world and the abilities of the Trylle. I liked the writing style, it was simple and had just the right amount of description. The pacing was a bit on the slow side but it was still good. One thing I didn't like though was that the romance was just too instant. I usually don't mind romance thats a bit fast, but this one was just strange. They met in chapter one and she's already developing a crush. It was really annoying. I also loved that the book wasn't predictable and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Overall: Overall I had some major character issues and the romance was too fast too soon for my taste so I can't really give it the best review but I still liked it and I would recommend it to people that like paranormal and don't mind fast romance. But the ending made me want to read both of the next books and I can't wait to continue with the series.



2 comments:

  1. I've seen reviews for this and there is trolls, right! Anyways, yeah. Wonderful review because I've wanting to read it but ehh and at the same time. Insta-love people? Some writers can maaaaybe pull it off but the rest of the story sounds intriguing. :)

    New follower!
    http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definately insta-love. And I don't think she did a good job at it. And yes there are trolls. And the story is very good!

    ReplyDelete