Search This Blog

July 4, 2019

Fourth of July Book Tag




Happy 4th of July! To celebrate Independence Day I thought this book tag was perfect and appropriate. This tag was originally created by Talking Leaves on youtube. I created the visuals because I thought this tag was too good for it not to have pretty images to go along with it.




I didn't realize until after I had chosen these books that I rated all of them five stars or close to it. Sarah Dessen and John Green are two of my favorite authors and these two books are either my favorite, or top 2, favorite books they have released. Battle Royale is such a hidden gem in the book community and I don't know why! It's so amazing and it's The Hunger Games before The Hunger Games was even written. Literally. Like it's the same plot but it's definitely it's own book.


This may not be a dystopian group of revolutionaries but Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix had to go underground to fight a power that everyone else refused to believe was still out there until it was too late. Not only do I think they're revolutionary in every sense of the word but I think their group was filled with so many wonderful and different characters and that's why I consider their group my favorite rag-tag team.


A lot of books are set in New York, one of the original 13 colonies. So I wanted to choose a book that is obvious, AKA a book I feel a lot of people would think of, and a book that is more elusive. The City of Bones and the Mortal Instruments Series as a whole are one of my favorite book series. I can't get enough of them and every book I pick up of it never lets me down. The Luxe is a book I did not think I would enjoy. But it heavily surprised me with how much I enjoyed it and the New York drama it showed. It reminds me of a much more illicit Gossip Girl.


So I haven't read A Great and Terrible Beauty yet. I just got it in a book haul. But I still know the basic summary and setting of the book. It's set in a boarding school in England. Honestly, this question really opened my eyes to the low amount of books I own and have read that are set anywhere other than America. 


Allegiant ends with a huge bang. But it was the silent type, the type of bang that rings in the hearts of every character and reader but not to the outside world. Obviously, I can't say what it was but the entire ending definitely felt like a firework. A slow and impactful incline and then finally....the climax that had intricate and far reaching consequences.


I can't believe I haven't read these books! They're so popular and not at all new. I've heard so many good things from The Selection from friends who have read it and honestly, it feels like a cute read. Sadie and Illuminae are probably what interest me the most. I love mystery and listen to true crime podcasts often which I think is what attracts me to Sadie. Usually, I'm not too keen on science fiction but I think the way I've heard Illuminae is told, through classified/censored documents and things like that, my interest was immediately peaked. I hope I can get my hand on these books soon.

I hope you all enjoy your holiday and I hope you enjoyed this tag! 
Again, I encourage anyone who wants to do it to do this tag as well. 
Consider yourself tagged by me! 

4 comments:

  1. Cool tag! I also super want to read Sadie- it looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! As soon as I read the summary I knew it sounded right up my alley. So excited to hopefully get my hands on it soon.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Allegiant definitely ended with a bang...

    ReplyDelete